Scope of Work
We are looking to recruit specialists (short term 12 months or under) in bid and proposal writing. Tasks may include:
The overall assignment is to lead in full cycle proposal development activities; leading to the development of a full proposal in line with procedures laid down in the tender dossier.
Project duration: 1-6 months
Essential/Core competencies for the consultancy assignment
- Over 5 years of experience in technical proposal/ bid writing and management, focussed on project design in the international development sector.
- Expertise in business development and modelling, particularly in the area of international development.
- Prior experience and expertise in writing proposals especially with DFID and commercial contracting in the areas of:
- humanitarian disaster relief and preparedness
- social protection, inclusion, disability and gender programming
- Experience working on policy and/or practice related to disability issues in older age, particularly in low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience of working with network and/or partnership approaches to work.
- Previous experience with DFID programmes.
- HEAT training completed and up-to-date.
What is included for successful candidate:
- Flights to consultancy posting.
- Per diem subsistence daily rate for duration of consultancy (overseas only).
You are invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EoI) for conducting this assignment to HelpAge-HR@helpage.org with the subject line: Bid writer Consultants Roster.
The EoI should include:
- A cover letter outlining how your experience and competencies meet the requirements.
- A CV outlining relevant experience.
- Your expected daily rate.
- Your availability.
- 3 referees including current or most recent employer.
- DBS certificate or national equivalent.
- Please outline your availability over the next 12 months.
Closing date for applications: 24th January 2020
Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications early, as these will be reviewed regularly.
At HelpAge International we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear shared purpose. Our values inform how we work together:
We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
We value and recognise the contribution of our staff and network members, as we put older people at the centre of everything we do.
We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions.
Everyone who works at HelpAge share our values and are committed to behaviours that demonstrate and support them.
Everyone has a role in creating and sustaining a safe and respectful working environment, where no one comes to any harm or is maltreated. At HelpAge we take our responsibilities very seriously and will take action against wrongdoing. We will do everything we can to ensure that we do not engage people that pose a safeguarding risk and will undertake criminal record checks as required.
HelpAge International is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We encourage and facilitate a flexible working environment.
Please ensure that you remove your date of birth, gender and marital status from your CV.