Salary: Competitive Salary, with legal social benefits
Location: Based in Bogota, Colombia
Contract Type: National Contract. Fixed Labour Contract (With possibilities of extension)
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE EXISTING RIGHT TO WORK IN THE Colombia
HelpAge International is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working to promote the rights and meet the needs of older women and men, nationally and/or internationally.
At the core of this network are the civil society members, a group of civil society organisations working with older people around the world. These organisations share a vision of a world in which all older people are valued, and lead dignified, healthy and secure lives.
We aim to extend the reach and influence of the HelpAge Global Network to all those in a position to help bring about our vision for older people – including Governments, policy makers, the private sector, and academic institutions.
HelpAge International is going to start a new vision 2030, keep working with, for and through our members organizations. Our three functionalities are: support, convent and thought leadership. In Latin America the regional office is in Bogota.
To be responsible for the financial, operation and administrative management, systems and controls for the Latin American and Caribbean Secretariat office, to lead the logistics and security and contract management functions.
To provide financial reports, elaborate budgets, information and analyses to the LAC Secretariat office, the UK secretariat and donors.
- To ensure comprehensive and effective financial, IT and logistics management in the regional Secretariat.
- To provide high level support and advice to Secretariat Coordinator and members.
- To focus on areas of risk including gaps in financial performance & funding and coordinate with UK finance on global financial matters.
- To ensure donor and internal financial compliance and checks and balances
- To be a security, human resources and operational focal point
- To carry out partners assessment and procurement assessment.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- To establish and maintain effective procedures and systems for financial management and control in compliance with HelpAge International and donor requirements.
- To establish and maintain effective accounting systems (Colombian and British systems) for the recording of all financial information.
- To ensure effective financial control, conforming to procedural standards and deadlines.
- To coordinate and oversee the budgeting, forecasting and mid-year financial review processes, liaising with budget holders and contract managers to ensure that procedures are understood, and timetables communicated.
- To support and manage the support and administration staff to coordinate effective logistics in all activities required.
- Manage the banking arrangements in the Region ensuring compliance with HelpAge International policies.
- To provide support to the Secretariat Coordinator in human resource functions like drafting contracts which comply to local law.
- A commitment towards the following: working to our values, safeguarding, equal opportunities, respect and dignity, health and safety and data protection policies.
At HelpAge International we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear shared purpose. Our values inform how we work together:
We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
We value and recognise the contribution of our staff and network members, as we put older people at the center of everything we do.
We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions.
Everyone who works at HelpAge share our values and are committed to behaviors that demonstrate and support them.
Everyone has a role in creating and sustaining a safe and respectful working environment, where no one comes to any harm or is maltreated. At HelpAge we take our responsibilities very seriously and will take action against wrongdoing. We will do everything we can to ensure that we do not engage people that pose a safeguarding risk and will undertake criminal record checks as required.
HelpAge International is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing Date: Friday 8th May 2020, Close of Business
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Marcela at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send an updated CV and Covering Letter outlining how you meet the required criteria to email at HelpAge-HR@helpage.org
Applications MUST include a covering letter. If they do not, then they will be disregarded.
Interview Date: Between 13th May 2020 -15th May 2020
Please ensure that you remove your date of birth, gender and marital status from your CV.