Scope of Work
We are looking to recruit short term (12 month or under) specialists in the protection and inclusion of vulnerable groups, including older women and men with disabilities. This will be in humanitarian rapid response and preparedness work. Potential tasks include:
- Providing technical assistance to HelpAge International offices, network members, partners and ‘clients’ on the inclusion of older women and men, including older people with disabilities, in humanitarian response.
- Conducting Rapid Needs Assessments (RNAs) to assess older people’s needs in the wake of emergencies, with a particular focus on the protection needs of marginalised groups.
- Conducting research in to the way in which older people, including older people with disabilities, are excluded from humanitarian responses, and how their needs can be better addressed.
- Monitoring and evaluating humanitarian responses led by HelpAge International offices, network members, partners and ‘clients.’
You are invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EoI) for conducting this assignment to HelpAge-HR@helpage.org with the subject line: Humanitarian Consultants Roster.
The EoI should include:
- A cover letter outlining how your experience and competences meet the requirements.
- A CV outlining relevant experience.
- Your expected daily rate.
- 3 referees including current or most recent employer.
- DBS certificate or national equivalent.
- Please outline your availability over the next 6 months.
We anticipate the work will take between 3-6 months.
The exact number of days can be discussed and agreed.
Closing date for applications: On-going
Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications early, as these will be reviewed regularly.
At HelpAge International we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear shared purpose. Our values inform how we work together:
We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
We value and recognise the contribution of our staff and network members, as we put older people at the centre of everything we do.
We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions.
Everyone who works at HelpAge share our values and are committed to behaviours that demonstrate and support them.
Everyone has a role in creating and sustaining a safe and respectful working environment, where no one comes to any harm or is maltreated. At HelpAge we take our responsibilities very seriously and will take action against wrongdoing. We will do everything we can to ensure that we do not engage people that pose a safeguarding risk and will undertake criminal record checks as required.
HelpAge International is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We encourage and facilitate a flexible working environment.
Please ensure that you remove your date of birth, gender and marital status from your CV.
Please see both Terms of Reference and Job Description attached in advert.