- £40,000 – £44,178 (grade E)
- 8.5 per cent employer pension contribution
- Employee assistance programme
- Opportunity to work for a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
- 33 days holiday (including public holidays)
- Season ticket loan
- Flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life
Based in London, although currently working from home.
Three-month fixed-term contract.
Submit your CV and cover letter to HelpAge-HR@helpage.org to apply.
Closing date: Wednesday 16 December 2020. Applications will be reviewed regularly.
HelpAge International is a global network of more than 140 not-for-profit organisations in over 90 countries that have a vision of a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives.
HelpAge's humanitarian response is delivered through local partners, network members and supporting affiliates. We aim to ensure that older men and women, including older people with disabilities and their carers, have meaningful, dignified and safe access to humanitarian services, including food, shelter, WASH, income, protection, physical and mental health services, and psychosocial support.
You will develop the humanitarian protection capacity of HelpAge humanitarian staff, partners and network members through training (including coaching and mentoring), and developing protection-orientated tools, training materials, webinars and guidelines, as requested by teams delivering humanitarian response. You will provide technical support in the design of protection activities within humanitarian projects and for rights-based protection mainstreaming and programming for older people.
- Strengthen capacity on protection capability amongst HelpAge staff and network partners, including in the design and implementation of humanitarian protection programmes in line with the Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Support learning and evidence gathering, in collaboration with colleagues, in our humanitarian work through rapid needs assessments and data analysis.
- Build capacity among HelpAge staff and partners in the design and implementation of emergency protection programmes following the HelpAge humanitarian approach, including needs assessment, identifying at-risk older people, programme design and monitoring.
- Support the integration of older people's protection rights in humanitarian responses.
- Provide technical input and support related to protection on fundraising proposals, lead proposals directly related to protection.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Post-graduate degree in international relations, international law, human rights, social studies or development studies, or related field.
- Extensive experience of overseas humanitarian work.
- Experience developing and implementing protection programmes in humanitarian contexts, including conflicts and natural disasters.
- Experience developing and implementing community-based protection interventions.
- Good programme management and leadership skills.
- A commitment towards working to our values, safeguarding, equal opportunities, respect and dignity, health and safety, and data protection policies.
At HelpAge International we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear shared purpose. Our values inform how we work together:
- Inclusive: We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
- Impact: We value and recognise the contribution of our staff and network members, as we put older people at the centre of everything we do.
- Partners: We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
- Learning: We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions.
Everyone who works at HelpAge shares our values and is committed to behaviours that demonstrate and support them.
Everyone has a role in creating and sustaining a safe and respectful working environment, where no one comes to any harm or is maltreated. At HelpAge we take our responsibilities very seriously and will act against wrongdoing. We will do everything we can to ensure that we do not engage people that pose a safeguarding risk and will undertake criminal record checks as required.
HelpAge International is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Closing date: Thursday 3 December 2020
Please ensure that you remove your date of birth, gender and marital status from your CV.