Job Description – Physiotherapist
Job Title: Physiotherapist (01 Female & 01 Male)
Location: Mirpur, Azad Kashmir
Responsible To: Program Manager (Humanitarian and Resilience)
Number of Positions: 02
HelpAge is a network INGO working for the rights and wellbeing of older people in over 75 countries. HelpAge is one of the lead organisations in Pakistan which promotes inclusive humanitarian response and Disaster Risk Reduction activities. Since the earthquake emergency of 2005, HelpAge has been actively responding to all major emergencies in Pakistan (floods in 2010, 2012, 2014 and IDP crises in KP since 2012) by implementing inclusive multi-sectoral humanitarian responses. Since 2012, HelpAge has been responding to IDP crises by implementing life-saving interventions in disaster response.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the position holder will be responsible for ensuring assessment, delivery of functional rehabilitation services and follow up care to older people and persons with disabilities as per the standard defined by HelpAge Pakistan.
- Ensure assessment, delivery of functional rehabilitation services and follow up care as per the standard defined by HelpAge Pakistan.
- Provision of assistive devices/mobility aids and assure that each beneficiaries gets proper user training before the final delivery of assistive device
- Strengthen referral mechanism for access to specialized services by older people and persons with disabilities and facilitate the need-based referrals of beneficiaries as to rehabilitation centre, appropriate hospitals or agencies.
- On job coaching and technical advice to partners staff on inclusion and mainstreaming of older people and persons with disabilities in Protection, WASH and Livelihood
- Conduct sessions on independent living and healthy ageing
- Facilitate in the training on ageing, disability and inclusion
- Maintain the constructive relationship with partners and proactively identify the support need and also report the support need.
- Maintain the record of beneficiaries for rehabilitation services provided, referral and follow ups
- Undertake any other duties as and when necessary to fulfil the objectives of HelpAge international in Pakistan.
- DPT/BSPT in Physical therapy
- 2 to 3 years’ experience working for an NGO/ INGO in community based rehabilitation will be prefer
- Practical knowledge on the use of assistive devices.
- Advanced oral and written English mandatory coupled with strong writing / reporting skills.
- Sound knowledge on health system of Pakistan
- Understanding of disability creation process and right based approach of care.
- Proven experience of working holistically and within a multidisciplinary team in the field of rehabilitation.
- Knowledge of Humanitarian standards and inclusion standards of Protection, Livelihood and WASH.
- Good computer literacy; proficient in Excel and Word and preferably advanced computer skills in database.
This JD is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer. Older people and persons with disability(ies) are encouraged to apply. only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.